"Tangled" Opens Today!

"Tangled" opens in the US today and you should go see it if you live there. Why? Because it's really, really good. And it was made by a group of the most amazing, dedicated, hardworking and smart people in the world. Making the film was a five-year odyssey that I will never forget. It was the greatest experience of my life but also the hardest and most trying thing I've ever done.

I loved working with the amazing story crew and I hope we can all do it again someday (although, sadly, we're not all in the same place anymore). A special shout out to my friends, comrades and the greatest story crew ever:

Michael LaBash
Joe Mateo
Aurian Redson
John Ripa
Marc Smith
Lissa Treiman
Josie Trinidad
Chris Ure

With special guest help from Paul Briggs and Dean Wellins. And we couldn't have done it without the support and help of our production help from the incomparable Debra Barlow, Heather Blodget and Barbra Pushies.

Some of my selected sketches from the film (not all in continuity): Rapunzel plays hide-and-seek with her friend Pascal in the tower (since he's a chameleon, he blends in really well).





























These sketches are all done with pen on paper, then scanned into Photoshop and colored.

Anyway, I hope you all get to see the film and that you enjoy it. More drawings from the film to come over the weekend!