The 15 Minute Working Method

So now it's February, and before you know it will be April. In addition I have also started  a color/digital painting class at SVA. So between all of that and working that hasn't left me with a lot of time to do posts and sketches as much as I used to. My hope though is that when the class does end, and when I do start posting again that the stuff that I am posting will be even better than before.

When I do have extended amounts of time, I do homework from class or work on the comic.
How does one find time for anything else and balance time?
Well I can no longer sit for hours on end and paint and draw without taking breaks.
My ass starts to hurt and my arm and shoulders cramp up (ergonomics).

So what I do is set a timer for 15 minutes (or 25 minutes). When the timer goes off, I then get up and do something active for about the next 5 to 10 minutes that I would otherwise put off. (dishes, put my laundry away, circle the block, run to the store etc. etc.). When done I then go back and work for another 15 minutes.

The point is that it's healthy to take breaks, but your breaks can be productive as well.  You can also take a real break and do nothing, it's all about how you want to spend your time.

I will start to post the promotion work and comic pages as they are done. I need to crank it up a bit.

More to come....